Access and Functional Needs
People with Disabilities
Tips for preparedness:
- Sign-up for emergency alerts.
- For support in signing-up, contact 303-441-3647.
- Know what hazards impact your area, and assess your personal risk and needs.
- Create a plan that helps you meet your needs and fills in any of your preparedness gaps.
- If you live with a disability that may require extra time to mobilize, consider following emergency alert orders when warnings are sent out to give yourself more time before the escalated order phase of alert.
- Watch our training video made in collaboration with the Center for People with Disabilities on disaster preparedness – coming soon!
For more information and tips for disaster preparedness for individuals with disabilities, visit the following resources:
- Battery Backup Systems Program Funding
- Center for People with Disabilities
- Boulder ODM Resource Library
Language Access and Translation
- To receive emergency alerts in languages other than English, download and use the ReachWell Translation App.
- Boulder County Resources in Spanish
- Resources in Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese from Ready.gov