During a disaster it’s important to consider how you’ll communicate with important people in your life. Having a communication plan in advance can help you stay more calm during a disaster, and ensure that you’re prepared with the resources and information (like chargers, phone numbers, etc.) that you’ll need to be able to communicate.
To create your plan, consider the following questions:
- What are the methods you will utilize to get notified of emergency or disaster situations?
- How will you communicate with loved ones? How will you make them aware of your intended communication plans in advance?
- What are important phone numbers that you need to have hard copies of? List them out.
- How will you power your communication devices?
- Who could you and family or friends use as your out-of-town contact to get in touch with as a check in point?