Today, we’re hearing a lot of concerns about traveling. Here is what the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are saying:
- Anyone who has recently traveled to an area with widespread, ongoing community spread, including in the U.S., should take these steps to monitor your health and practice social distancing:
- Take your temperature with a thermometer two times a day and monitor for fever. Also watch for cough or trouble breathing.
- Stay home and avoid contact with others. Do not go to work or school for this 14-day period. Discuss your work situation with your employer before returning to work.
- Do not take public transportation, taxis, or ride-shares during the time you are practicing social distancing.
- Avoid crowded places (such as shopping centers and movie theaters) and limit your activities in public.
- Keep your distance from others (about 6 feet or 2 meters).