Modified evacuation orders effective immediately
Effective immediately, evacuation orders and warnings will be modified in Boulder County. There will be a tiered approach to re-entry for residents:
- No residential access at this time due to ongoing fire operations.
- Temporary resident-only access available until 6 p.m. tonight due to proximity to active fire zone.
- Resident-only access at all times.
View a map of the Updated Evacuation Zones and associated roadway openings – www.boco.org/OEMInfoMap. Residents can zoom in on their property and click on the map to see the evacuation status of their property. The blue tool bar in the upper right-hand corner includes a pin drop symbol, click on that symbol to be able to enter your address to see what evacuation status your residence is within.
Alerts will be provided via reverse 911 to those who have evacuated that will be allowed re-entry both permanently and temporarily. Temporary re-entry areas will be evaluated on a day-by-day basis. Those granted full re-entry are asked to remain on alert and be ready to evacuate again should fire conditions change.
Residents granted access to their properties may need to provide proof of residency to Sheriff’s Office deputies stationed at entry points depending on the route they take to their residence. Proof of residency can include:
- Driver’s license with current address.
- ID and mail identifying the property owner and the address.
- ID and paperwork showing name and property inside zone.
Residents who have been granted temporary access to their homes will receive a permit from the deputies on-scene.
Sanitation Stations Being Established
Boulder County will provide dumpsters (spoiled food waste only), portable toilets, and hand washing/sanitation stations at seven locations throughout the reentry areas:
- Riverside – 3638 Riverside Dr., Lyons, CO 80481 (Riverside Drive & CO 72)
- Jamestown – 3 Main St., Jamestown, CO 80455 (or Elysian Park, just across the street from 3 Main)
- Ward – 144 Utica St, Ward, CO 80481
- Lake of the Pines – 3091 N. Lakeridge Trail, Boulder, CO 80302
- Bar K – 1180 Rock Lake Rd., Ward 80481 (the parking area by Rock Lake)
- Gold Hill – 401 Main St., Boulder, CO 80302
- Buckingham Park – Intersection of Lefthand Canyon Drive & Olde Stage Road
Dumpsters will be available until 6 p.m. and dedicated for the collection and disposal of spoiled food only. Dumpsters will be replaced the following day if allowed by the Sheriff’s Office.
DO NOT dispose of any non-food items such as fire ash, debris, or hazardous waste.
If you have not already, sign up for www.boco911alert.com to receive messages about imminent threats and hazards by text message, email, and/or on your cell, home or work phone.